Federalsburg Historical Society
&
Museum

Heading 1

"Preserving the Past for Those of the Future" 
  
HISTORIC PLAQUES AND MARKERS
IN AND AROUND FEDERALSBURG
  
​​



 127 Bloomingdale Avenue ~~ 1891 ~~ carved medallion over front door ~~ Private Residence

206 West Central ~~ Circa 1923 ~~ Clinton S. Poole House ~~ Private Residence

214 E. Central Avenue  ~~  1907~~ formed in sidewalk leading to front door ~~ Private Residence

312 Holt Street ~~ Circa 1903 ~~ Private Residence

317 North Main Street  ~~ Circa 1780 ~~ Private Residence

Breeding Block ~~ W.R. Breeding ~~ 1909 ~~ 100 block South Main Street

Chambers Park ~~ Log Cabin Area ~~ 1929 ~~ Millstones

Chambers Park ~~ Lake Area -~~ 1938 -~~ Millstones

Christ Methodist Church ~~ 201 South Main Street ~~ Morris Avenue entrance ~~M.P.S.S.  (Methodist Protestant Sunday School)  1910

Church of God ~~  1925 ~~ Bloomingdale Avenue and Old Denton Road

Denton National Bank ~~corner of South Main Street and East Central Avenue ~~no date

Exeter ~~ National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior ~~Circa 1808 ~~ 408 Old Denton Road

Federalsburg Area Heritage Museum ~~ Covey and Williams Alley  ~~ Inside  Main Entrance   ~~ Dedicated Oct.  29, 2011

F. V. Fire Co. ~~ 1964 ~~ North University Avenue

F. V.  Fire Co ~~  1991 ~~ North University Avenue

Hillcrest Cemetery ~~corner of Bloomingdale Avenue and Old Denton Road~~ no date

The Historic Nanticoke Lodge Masonic Temple ~~ 1919 ~~ 112-116 North Main Street- National Register of Historic Places by the United States Dept. of the Interior ~~ June 2014

Independent Order of Odd Fellows ~~ 1899-1962 ~~ 311 Greenridge Road

J. W. Stowell  ~~ 1891 ~~ 100 block of Academy Avenue

J. W. Stowell Printing Co. ~~ 1939 ~~ 100 block of Academy Avenue

Lions Club Building ~~ Chambers Park ~~ No Date

Long and Short ~~ 1905-1916 ~~ On west side of building ~~ 110-116 Morris Avenue

Marshyhope Creek Bridge ~~ 1910 ~~ Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland Highway Administration ~~ East Central Avenue ~~ Commemorating Bridge’s 100th Anniversary

Town Hall ~~ 118 North Main Street ~~ White brick on south comer of building   indicating high water mark for the flood of 1935

Union United Methodist Church ~~ 1970 ~~ New Addition North Main Street

Women’s Club of Federalsburg ~~ 1979~~"Building Donated To Caroline County For Use As A Library"

  Zion Memorial M. E. Church ~~Zion United Methodist Church Founded 1848~~ Rebuilt 1873-1886~~ New Building 1913 ~~Old Denton Rd.
  

For additions and corrections contact Bart Johnson
(443) 786 4086 ~ [email protected]
Click here for more history on Federalsburg MD.